Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Reboot Kickoff!

My Reboot has begun!

In preperation on Saturday I hit the vegetable market with my mom and may have gone a little nuts on my purchasing.  I filled an entire cart to nearly overflowing including stacking five melons underneath it. My mom and I were heaving it around the store hoping a small child wouldn't pop out of nowhere because slowing to a top was very difficult. Once I got home, it took me and my boyfriend Arrol about 10 trips to get it all upstairs.  For my last chewed meal before the Reboot I ordered Thai tofu curry and brown rice.  I had to savor my last meal and really enjoy it so that I didn't feel jipped as I enter cleanse.



Sunday morning my mom had planned to come over and help me kick off my Reboot and start juicing.  Little did I know my sister was on her way with my nephew in toe for support and encouragement! It was an impromptu kickoff party with family and boyfriend in attendance. 

Thank God I started washing and categorizing my fruits and veggies Saturday night. You can see the bounty of goods I had and it nearly took all evening to unload!

We juiced three varieties of juice enough to last a little over three days.  We started with Green Juice so I could drink breakfast and have good energy to continue juicing.  My mom is a machine and kept me laughing the entire time!

I loved the taste of my "Green Juice". It tastes green! It's sweet and a little tart and sends chills down my spine.  I felt like a plant that was fed Miracle Grow.  I perked right up!  Later I drank what I nicknamed "Berry Heaven".  It was an amazing combination I could not even imagine. My first sip I thought, "Wow, that would be great with a little vodka in it!"  Then I relished in it's pure deliciousness.  I ended my day with a swim and my "Pumpkin Pie Juice". I went through my entire day with no real hunger.  Infact, I was hard pressed to finish the last few ounces at night.




Green Juice:                                   Pumpkin Pie Juice:                        Berry Heaven:
Kale                                                 Carrot                                              Black Grape
Celery                                              Sweet Potato                                   Red Grape                      
Spinach                                           Butternut Squash                           Black Plum
Granny Smith Apple                     Orange                                             Peach
Lemon                                             Lemon                                             Watermelon
                                                         Cinnamon                                       Raspberries
                                                                                                                  Black Berries
                                                                                                                  Blue Berries




As the sun went down I sat on my balcony, drank a cup of herbal tea, and thought about the first day of my journey.  In the quietness I realized how much I dedicated to my eating.  All the thought that went into what I would make next.  The entertainment these thoughts provided me. I may have a ton of extra time on my hands over the next 59 days.

Overall, after day one I feel excited. Encouraged by the love and support of my family and friends; I hope this high lasts for a few more days.  I will blog how I am feeling as my journey progresses. 


Day One: Success!






2 comments:

  1. So awesome, Kelly! Your positivity is inspiring and those recipes sound delicious!!! Keep it up, sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome helpers!
    Are they going to help for the next round or have you worn them out with your melons?

    Vic

    ReplyDelete