Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 2 and 3

Yesterday, day 2, was my first day at work on the cleanse.  It went shockingly well.  Work was a welcomed distraction from focusing on juicing. I had felt a little bored on Sunday night with all the food thought removed from my day.  I moved through the my day at work with relative ease.

In reading others' Reboot stories, in day two and three they seem to start to feel the effects of their bodies releasing toxins. Since I coasted through yesterday feeling great; the symptoms I am experiencing today feel like they are due.  I woke up a little headachey and nauseous.  I really felt like staying in bed this morning...not to say that is juicing related...I would rather stay in bed most days.  Once I got up and drank my hot lemon water and started getting ready I felt less nauseous and refreshed.  I am having an extra pressure-filled day at work and that coupled with my nausea isn't an awesome combo.  My symptoms are not severe and start to evade with every sip of juice I take. 

I like how co-workers throw in their unsolicited 2 cents.  This morning I was told to just drink a little caffeine and that would relieve my headache. Or maybe have a snack.  I thought, "You're right! I DO need a snack!"  I missed my mid morning juice snack! 


Now after heading to the park at lunch to enjoy my Green Juice I am back in business.  I am three quarters the way through day three and I am feeling like this Reboot is doing it's job.  No results worth having should come to us easily.  Then I would be robbed of learning the lessons the process has to teach me.  As my motto thus far in life dictates, "I am stronger than I think I am!"  And I am.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to include: I've lost 1.8 lbs since Sunday!  How ya like them apples...or melons?!

1 comment:

  1. Your story is the first juicing journey I've read since researching juicing. I have seen the movie, "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead" three times. I'm breastfeeding my 9 month old, so I can't take the experience to the full 100%. But I'm going to replace my breakfast with juice. Once my daughter is weaned (whenever that may be), the fast begins!! How are you doing now? I will finish reading your journey. I notice you haven't posted an entry since last yr. So whether I hear from you or not, wanna say great start! and all those groceries! WOW!

    ReplyDelete